From Futures Forward–Please find below information regarding post-secondary tuition waiver applications for the 2024-25 academic year. Applications are due March 31, 2024.
Tuition Waivers are scholarships offered by 10 participating universities and colleges to current and former youth in care in Manitoba – no age cap! They can cover up to the full tuition cost of your college or university degree, diploma, or certificate, with additional funding available for supplies and a living stipend.
Applications are now available and are due March 31!
To be eligible to apply you must:
• Be a current or former youth in Manitoba CFS care (no minimum amount of time required; no age cap)
• Have applied to a participating post-secondary institution OR be a current student at a participating post-secondary institution
• You do not need an acceptance letter to apply
- Each participating institution has its own application form. Please read the application carefully and complete fully.
- Funding and fees covered varies per institution.
- Application fees and program deposits where applicable are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Tuition Waivers are not guaranteed. Note that Futures Forward does not provide any funding; decisions are up to the discretion of each individual institution.
**Futures Forward is holding a number of tuition waivers information sessions over the next few months. This includes in-person events on January 30 in Brandon (at Assiniboine Community College with Brandon University), and January 31 at the University of Manitoba. The U of M event will includes presentations from all institutions participating in the tuition waiver program.
There are also several virtual sessions:
January 23, 12:30 – 1:30pm
February 6, 12:30 – 1:30pm
February 20, 6:00 – 7:00pm
March 5, 12:30 – 1:30pm
To register for an information session please visit this site.
Please see the Futures Forward 2024 Scholarship Guide. This guide includes a comprehensive list of post-secondary scholarships and awards available for youth in and from care.
For more information please visit the Futures Forward website or contact: