Child Being Harmed
If you think a child is being harmed or neglected, please contact the All Nations Coordinated Response Network (ANCR) at 1-888-945-ANCR (2627) or (204) 944-4200 in Winnipeg. ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system in Winnipeg. ANCR seeks to provide support and services to families and children to ensure the safety of children. Their holistic support provides the anchor for families who benefit from the stability and support our agencies offer. This network is accessible round-the-clock to handle emergency and non-emergency calls.
Outside of Winnipeg, please visit this page, and call the Designated Intake Agency (DIA) for your region for assistance.
*These lines are answered 24/7.
Note: If this is an emergency, contact your local police emergency number.
How do I know if a child is being abused? Learn more.
Parents in Need of CFS Support
If you are a parent in need of support with your children, contact 1-866-345-924 for more information about CFS in your area or visit our Agency Contacts Page.
How can CFS help parents?
- when a parent needs help parenting or caring for their children
- when the parents or children are intoxicated or high on drugs
- when the parents or children are suicidal
- if parents have a sudden medical emergency and no one can take care of the children
- if children have been abandoned by parents or guardians
- if there is violence in the home